Japan is an amazing oriental country with a very special mentality and culture. It is usually fans of Japanese culture who choose holidays in Japan, although today this country is becoming more and more popular with tourists in general, as it offers an interesting and varied holiday.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Really interesting sights
- Lots of traditional things and customs, helps to feel the ancient local culture
- Very beautiful nature, especially in spring and autumn
- The streets are very safe and clean
- The Japanese are very fond of foreigners, friendly and polite
- Many people know English, almost all signs and signs are duplicated in this language
- Relatively convenient transport system
- You can relax in different ways, there are opportunities for active, beach and therapeutic recreation
- In 2017, it became easy to get a visa
- There is a lot of entertainment for children, and in general the attitude towards children is very reverent.
- Everything is very high-tech, service at a high level
- Relatively high prices for recreation, food and goods
- Very humid, frequent heavy rains
- Earthquakes can easily happen, although they are usually minor.
- Sometimes the Japanese are too intrusive, especially if you have blond hair – they can come up and ask to be photographed
- They don’t speak Russian at all
- There are a lot of people, especially in Tokyo
- Smoking is prohibited almost everywhere, although for non-smokers it is rather a plus
- Tall people are very uncomfortable, everything seems too small, uncomfortable in public places and even hotels
- Quite cool in winter as there is no central heating
- Far and expensive to fly from the European part of the country
IMPORTANT: In general, it is comfortable and pleasant to have a rest in Japan if you have enough money for this. A great option to get acquainted with something new and just have a good and interesting time.
According to toppharmacyschools.org, Japan has four distinct seasons. The climate changes from north to south – in the north the winter is rather cool, with snow, in the south it is warm and there is no snow at all. In summer, it is very hot and it rains almost everywhere. But in spring and autumn the climate is pleasant, dry enough, not hot and not cold.
How to choose a hotel?
If you have already decided where to relax in Japan, then choosing a hotel will still be quite difficult, as there are many different options. Let’s look at the different types of accommodation:
- European hotels. There are both world-famous and purely local ones, such as Shinagawa Prince. The set of services is usually typical – swimming pool, air conditioning, spa, etc.;
- Business hotels are a cheaper option, they offer few services, rooms are usually for one, breakfast is rarely offered;
- Ryokan – traditional Japanese hotels with hot springs, sleeping on a mattress on the floor and other delights. Often a family has owned a ryokan for generations;
- Minsyuku – budget boarding houses, also usually family-run. Quite comfortable, and at the same time very cheap;
- Shukubo – “hotels” at the temple, ascetic, with vegetarian food and joint meditations. Allows you to get an unforgettable experience;
- Hostels are common cheap accommodation, with small rooms. There are both open to everyone and closed to those who are not members of the Japan Hostel Association.
What to do in case of emergency?
Japan is a very safe country, tourists rarely have problems. If something did happen, then you should call 119 for an ambulance and 110 for the police. Sea rescue number – 118. In case of loss of documents and other travel problems, you can contact the Russian embassy at (8-10-81-3) 35-83-42-24.
Deciding where to relax in Japan is not difficult, but what time is better to choose for this?
In winter, Japan is quite cool, and in summer from June to July it rains heavily and is very hot and stuffy. There is no rainy season in Hokkaido, but the climate is quite cool. On Okinawa, it rains from May to June, so it is better to swim there in July-August. The rest of the places are ideal to visit in spring and autumn.
What places are worth visiting for lovers of Japanese animation?
Many go on vacation to Japan just to visit the homeland of their favorite cartoons, comics and games. Anime lovers should definitely visit Akihabara, where they sell not only equipment, but also anime goods, as well as game centers and maid cafes. There are a lot of people dressed as cartoon characters walking around. By the way, Akiba is more popular with male otaku, but women should look into the Otome Road area. An interesting Mandarake store is located in Nakano. Be sure to visit the Studio Ghibli Museum at Mitaka Station, dedicated to the world-famous Hayao Miyazaki cartoons. By the way, the place is great and just for a visit with children. In mid-August, a large-scale festival of comics and Japanese animation is held in Japan. If you want to go to Comiket in Japan, you need to carefully plan your vacation in advance,
How are things with cellular communications?
In Japan, the GSM standard is not supported, so the phone cannot be used without 3G or 4G. But tourists can rent local cell phones at the airport or large hotels. It is impossible for a tourist to buy a local SIM card, so you will insert your SIM card into a rented phone. You can rent a phone with a Japanese SIM card if you plan to use mobile Internet and make frequent calls within the country. This option is not very suitable for communication with Russia, and it is better to use the services of your operators.